Leslie Heyward Smodic, HFA president, announced the details of 2019 reunion in the newsletter mailed out last week. The reunion date will be May 4, the second Saturday after Easter, as usual.
The site this year will be Cockfield Plantation in Colleton County, only a few miles away from last year’s site at Combahee Plantation. The Association expresses its gratitude to Susie O’Brien, current owner of Cockfield.
The reunion will begin at 11 am. The HFA will have tables and chairs set up and will provide ice, tea, plates, cutlery and napkins.
Families should bring a covered dish to share and any libation-of-choice. Also recommended: a camera, sunscreen, a hat-for-shade and bug spray.
A dues payment of $25/immediate family will be appreciated.
The address of Cockfield Plantation is:
4964 White Hall Rd
Green Pond, SC 29446
Entrance to the reunion will be marked with sign saying “Heyward” and possibly balloons.
Directions (see map below):
From I-95 Southbound:
1. Take Exit 53 onto SC-63
2. Turn left on Sniders Hwy towards Walterboro
3. Drive 1.7 miles and turn right onto Hendersonville Hwy
4. Drive 8.7 miles and turn left onto Ritter Rd
5. Drive 0.9 miles and turn right onto White Hall Rd
6. Drive 3.4 miles to reunion entrance
From I-95 Northbound
1. Take Exit 33 from I-95 N to US-17 in Jasper County
2. Travel 21 miles and turn left (north) onto White Hall Rd (S-15-119)
3. Drive 3.7 miles to reunion entrance
From US Hwy 17 (ACE Basin Pkwy)
1. Turn north onto White Hall Rd (S-15-119)
2. Drive 3.7 miles to reunion entrance