Annual reunions are a long tradition with the Heyward Family Association.
The date is always the second Saturday after Easter.
The location varies from year to year. The Association generally chooses a venue that has a connection to the Heyward ancestors who lived in the South Carolina low country between Charleston and Savannah.
Reunion details are announced in the HFA newsletter and at this website about a month before the event.
Members are advised to bring
- Appropriate clothing and weather gear
- One dish to put on the community table – for instance: meat, salad, dessert, vegetable, your specialty, whatever strikes your fancy
- Libation of choice
- Bug spray
- Hat for shade
- Humorous tales of interesting local/family history
- Any Heyward item of interest or for sale
- Association dues ($30/household)
The pictures below are from past reunions. For those who’ve never been to a Heyward reunion, they’ll give you a sense of what to expect. For current HFA members, they may bring back fond memories. Enjoy.