Annual reunions are a long tradition with the Heyward Family Association.
The date is always the second Saturday after Easter.
The location varies from year to year. The Association generally chooses a venue that has a connection to the Heyward ancestors who lived in the South Carolina low country between Charleston and Savannah.
Reunion details are announced in the HFA newsletter and at this website about a month before the event.
Members are advised to bring
- Appropriate clothing and weather gear
- One dish to put on the community table – for instance: meat, salad, dessert, vegetable, your specialty, whatever strikes your fancy
- Libation of choice
- Bug spray
- Hat for shade
- Humorous tales of interesting local/family history
- Any Heyward item of interest or for sale
- Association dues ($30/household)
The pictures below are from past reunions. For those who’ve never been to a Heyward reunion, they’ll give you a sense of what to expect. For current HFA members, they may bring back fond memories. Enjoy.
Around ten of our family are hoping to make the 2024 reunion. Is it too soon to know when and where the reunion will be held? We are trying to get an Airbnb for all of us but 5 bedrooms go fast and they encouraged us to book early. Thank you
Victoria Kepler Didato
(Mother Elizabeth Brownrigg Heyward, uncles Robert Heyward, James Heyward and four others all from Goldsboro, North Carolina